Tuesday, August 12, 2008

March

I know, Jesse, I'm a horrible blogger. In my defense...I have all my pictures on my computer at work...and my computer at work went caput. So they gave me a newer old computer until mine comes in...and this new computer works AT work, but at home it restarts every 10 minutes. Sooo, I haven't been able to sit in my recliner, in my pjs, watching Kathy Griffin's My Life on the D List and type my blog. (I also haven't been able to watch movies at work, because the speakers on it aren't so hot...but anyhoo). Here I am!!! I have lots of stuff to catch up on, so I will try to do it in spurts.

March...my birthday month...I turned thirty...(gulp) and one. Before I get to the birthday, lets see what happened in early March. It was the dawning of the yearly HR meeting in Phoenix (where corporate is). James, the new cool boss, sent the dates, and of course I went to the Cubs site. Low and behold....there was a Spring Training game IN Phoenix...WHILE I was going to be there!!!! I calmly sent James an e-mail asking if we could ditch a day of work and go to the game at 1:05pm. I heard nothing, until a few weeks later, Marci, from corporate called and told me that we were going to a game!!!!!Third base line, perfect weather, and we played (and beat) the Oakland A's (sorry Mike and Jesse). I was sick-as-a-dog the week before the trip, but I HAD to go, because I couldn't miss out on the game!! I was up each night coughing my head off in my hotel room until I passed out around 4 am. (I'm sure the people next to me loved it, but I was trying to muffle it in a pillow). It was awesome. Come to find out...I had a tumor in my throat...NOT FUN!!! About 20 days and it goes away, but my goodness...HORRIBLE!!!

Anyhoo, while we were there we go out to dinner every night, and after the 1:05pm game, we went and played some games at Dave and Busters (I know, don't you want my job??? This was a "working" trip, after all), and then we went across the way to a steakhouse. I kid you not...there was a mechanical bull. How could I NOT ride on the mechanical bull??? Perhaps once in a lifetime right??? So anyhoo, there I am, in my Cubs gear, and I am the ONLY person who wants to try it...bunch of weenies I'm with ....get it??? Weenies...Bar-S?? Geez I'm funny.

Here I am signing my life away..."If you get hurt, you cannot sue this fantastic eating establishment" or "If you die, your family cannot sue us for the extreme loss" or something like that. The basket next to the form is...I kid you not....for tips. The guy running the machine (who also told me he was a Cubs fan), said "If you want me to be nice, you have to leave a big tip." I left nothing, which is perhaps why I didn't stay on very long...I DID make it to level 3...
The biggest joke was trying to get on the thing. He lowered it all the way down, and leaned it back, and I STILL had a hard time getting onto it...darn short legs. That had everyone laughing before I even got on!!! I had to take my shoes off because I was wearing flip flops...and I was expected to have a loop-handle thing, which would help me hang on, instead it was just a knot of rope...not as easy and gracefull as I made it out to be...hehe

The bull is over by the bar (shocker), and I was trying to get one of the 5 guys sitting there to do it as well, but didn't have any takers. One guy videos the whole thing on his cell phone, so I'm sure I'm on YouTube somewhere.
So after a fun trip in Phoenix, I come back to dreary Oklahoma. It's sad when you have to take your winter coat onto the plane just so that you can wear it walking to and from your car from the airport. People in Phoenix were looking at us pretty funny.


AND, while I was gone, Michael got super sick, and even took a few days off work and just stayed at my house. He sent me pictures of his foot and said "It's the only part of me that doesn't hurt..." Awwww, poor baby hehe. So I came back to help get him back to health as well. Thank goodness he got it WAY worse than I did. I'm a huge baby when I'm sick...











1 comment:

Belva Jean said...

Good to catch up on at least March and then some :)