So....back to the Ms. No Blog comment from Jesse (it hurt..it hurt real bad...I had one feeling left, and she broke it :( ). Just kidding, if she can find time to post with 5 kids (4 little ones and Michael HAHAHAHAHA) I can do it too. I just don't have as interesting a life, but here goes. AHEM....In my blogging absence, what have I done...what have I done...on the personal side...broke up with Justin, I KNOW he works a lot, but he wasn't even making an effort to call, text, e-mail, nothing. And kind of was giving the impression that I should be thankful whenever he DOES decide to call, because he was THAT busy. Um...no thank you. I think I actually saw him twice in about a month and a half...so um...again, no thank you. (See you married folks...dating sucks). Anyhoo..on the professional side...still loving the jobbie job. The guy I didn't care for took a different position within the company, so now my "boss" is another guy which I DO have the upmost respect for. I seriously did the happy dance TWICE. Once when I heard the news that the one guy was leaving, and again when I found out who replaced him (we feared it would be someone else, which would have posed just as much frustration for me). Anyhoo..so that's good :)
Every year the Altus plant throws a Bar-S Softball Tournament. You had to have at least 2 girls on your team, so...being as I was trying to promote this th
ing (as is HR responsibility), and I'm a little bit athletic (obviously not as much as I used to be...as was so painfully pointed out when I couldn't move the next day), I played. Not WELL, mind you, but as the day progressed I did get better. It's double elimination, so we played 3 times..whooo hoooo!!! I did have a couple of super cool plays, so that was fun. I had t-shirts made with our nicknames on the back (they named me Half-Pint), and of course I was number 11. Afterwards I took the team out to Applebees (on the company, of course), and it was a really fun bonding day. Yeah, so about the picture...apparently we picked the ONE person at that tournament who didn't know how to ZOOM on the camera...sorry it's so far out...this was taken before the first game...after the last game we looked and SMELLED soooo much different hehe.
Bar-S also has a wellness program called Fit to Win. Throughout the year, if you workout so many times a week, get your cholesterol checked, etc., you get "points", PLUS, it promotes health. It's better for you, and healthy people get hurt less, cost the company less on insurance, etc. I could go into more details, but I don't want to bore you. This type of stuff excites me because I'm a nerdy HR person, HOWEVER, yo
u guys are not...so I'll move on. Every year, each plant has what they call the "Fit to Win Olympics". It's a mini Olympics with all the categories...Push Ups, Sit Ups, Cholesterol Check, Blood Pressure, Weight Check, Chin-Ups/Hang, 3 Mile Run/Walk. Sooo...again, responsibility falls on the HR department...wait, let me gather up the whole HR department...oh yeah, that's me! hehe...I set it up, went and bought food to feed 150ish people, I ordered the biggest, baddest moon walk that I could find, Christina and Steven (again, to the rescue), let me use the Cordell
Soccer Club dunk tank, I got our insurance representative and my WONDERFUL chiropractor to be there, and we made it into one big family picnic thing out of it. It was a success!! Who says Moonwalks are for kids?? Even the big kids had fun (including me!!)
Bar-S also has a wellness program called Fit to Win. Throughout the year, if you workout so many times a week, get your cholesterol checked, etc., you get "points", PLUS, it promotes health. It's better for you, and healthy people get hurt less, cost the company less on insurance, etc. I could go into more details, but I don't want to bore you. This type of stuff excites me because I'm a nerdy HR person, HOWEVER, yo
This cannot turn out good......AND that water was COOOOOLLLLLLDDDDD!!!
And last but not least, Christina asked a favor a couple of months ago. She asked if I would serve as District Registrar of the Youth Soccer Association (the organization I played under when I was little). She is the president, and no one liked the registrar, so she asked if I attend the meeting and do it. As previously mentioned, I owe them A LOT!! So I did it, plus, I thought it would be fun. So I went, had to say why I thought I would be good at it...and I won HAHA! So at the first soccer sign-ups for Cordell, we had a TON of 6 year olds sign up. So I said I would coach a team....HA letting ME mold young minds...HAHAHAAHA. Well after it was all said and done, I was coaching an 8 year old girls team and a 6 year old team. OH, and the Bar-S girls joined a bowling league...pics of that to come...anyhoo...here's my week...
Tuesday and Thursday - 5:30 - 6:25 - practice with my girls team...
jump in the car and drive down the hill to the small fields for
6:30 - 6 year old game (which can be daunting...)
Wednesday - 6 - 10ish - bowling with the Bar-S Pink Ladies (we even have pink shirts that say Pink Ladies in Black sparkles)
Saturday - 10 am AND 1 pm - Under 8 games....after 2 games, I am TUCKERED!!!!
So soccer only last a month, so that is finally over, bowling lasts until April...APRIL!!!! We had no idea it was 33 weeks long when we signed up, but it's fun, so we don't mind. I also have turned into a BIGGER nerd in that I bought a bowling ball...hehehe laugh away, it ROCKS. It has a panoramic view of Wrigley Field on one side and the big C with the cubbie crawling through it on the other side....total sweetness...I will post pictures later.
And last, there is Seth, the new guy. He is sweet, funny, and truly is one of those guys that is super shy and then once he gets to know you he breaks out of his shell. On our first date, I was consciously trying not to talk (I know, impossible for me? Right?), trying to get him to talk about himself more....and it worked. Now I can't get him to shut up...just kidding..he is HILARIOUS!!! He also works in the oil field, but does different stuff, he trouble shoots electrical stuff on the rigs...or something like that...hehe. He's fun to hang out with, he's a genuinely nice guy, and right now I'm having a good time, so we'll see where this goes.
So THERE Jesse! HEHE. You are completely caught up on my life. Sooo...Until next time...hugs!!!


2 comments:
I am so excited to read all about your life. And just to clear it up I called you "Capt. No Blog". I gave you an actual rank for your un-bloggedness, there's a little more respect in that!
Hope you can relax a little more now that soccer is over. Luke still has 2 more games but no more practices.
Love you!
PS--I do not care to see your bowling ball, feel free NOT to post pics of it! :)
I have fun reading about your life. You are a very busy woman :)
I would (unlike Jesse) love to see your bowling ball. We just went bowling this past Friday and when Logan was beating me by three in the 2nd frame my goal was to beat him. Luckily I won by thirty points. Does me good to know I can beat a five year old :)
Post a Comment