Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Housewarming Party

Ever since I put the offer in on the house, Christina has told me that she wanted to throw me a house warming party. So...when I finally got moved in, Christina, Darla, and April through a little shingdig for me. Christina made super cute penguin invitations and she sent them out. Anyone who has ever helped me move knows that I do NOT need any more stuff, so she put on her invitation "Know what Kelly needs at her new house?? A party and your smiling face." The OU game was on Pay Per View, so we got that and just got together for a good time and food. Mom and dad even came down, so they got to partake of some yummy treats (mom even let dad cheat) so here are some pics....

Christina makes cakes in her spare time and is SUPER creative about it. So she made me an OU football cake and even had little Happy Feet penguins she cut out and they were lined up on the cake like they were playing football...









How cool is THAT?? And of course mom made us get pics of everything...







Christina's husband, Steven, brought over a grill and utilized the back porch to grill some amazing steak and chicken...





Gotta get me one of those...a grill and a husband HAHAHAHAHA




But seriously, on a side note, Steven and Christina have been INVALUABLE to me. She helped me find a place to live (she and April called for HOURS), without their trailers the move would not have been possible (since the whole totalling of dad's truck on moving day). AND on a sidenote - a couple of weeks ago, I was trying to rush out of my house to avoid the hail, and couldn't find my keys, so I grabbed my spare car key and rushed out. A couple of hours after I got to work I was like C-R-A-P. My keys to get into my house....are in my house. Blonde moment...I met Steven there after work and it took him exactly 12 minutes to break in and open the front door - wow, what protection I have, huh? Love him!!!



Darla made a WONDERFUL fruit bowl and some pasta salad....yummy.

April made some Little Smokies, Nachos, Beverages, and some other stuff. Needless to say, we had WAY more food than we needed, so no one went away hungry.





Since mom was taking pics of everyone else, and what they brought, we had to take one of mom and the shrimp she and dad picked up at Sams for the occasion :)


No comments: