My second production here in Elk City....has been horrible, hectic, exhausting, fun, energetic, full of laughter, and is almost at the end. We are doing the musical version of The Wedding Singer, which has been on Broadway. OUr little town is the first in Oklahoma to do this production. We only had 3 weeks to prepare, and even when I didn't think it would come together, our actual "actors" (I'm just in the ensemble), are fantastic, and pulled it off.
Now, we all know that I cannot sing...I can blend, but as far as solo...not so much. And I was completely upfront with the director when I auditioned. I said...I can't sing, but I can dance. And if you can find someone who can sing AND dance, then you will not hurt my feelings by not putting me in this show. BUT, he "loved my energy" and put me in the ensemble. And let me tell you...stress level is WAY lower when all I have to do is show up and dance. The show is SOOOO much fun, and I encourage any of you to make the drive to come down. We are nearly selling out the show every night, so you can call the Red Carpet Theatre at 580-225-5461 to reserve tickets. We have been on at 7:30 pm every night, and will perform tonight and tomorrow (Saturday) at that time, and then a final performance at 2:30pm on Sunday.This is why you should go: The eighties are back!!! Big hair, leg warmers, track suits, and parachute pants...here's my opening number look...

This is Christy, my new friend in the ensemble..she CAN sing, so we're different there. When I say it's been horrible...lemme clarify. We had such a short time to put this together, we were getting out of rehearsals around 11 each night...then I have a 35 minute drive home...then I come to work..albeit late...every morning. Thankfully I have an understanding boss (thanks Brent!), who knows that I get my stuff done and trusts me to manage my time. Anywhoo...in the second act, we have to be all "business like"...so the big hair gets pulled back a bit for one dance..
And here's a quick pic of the outfit I wear for the brief moment I get to be a prostitute for the bachelor party...
Word is definately getting out in this small town that our production is HIlarious! Crowds are getting bigger every night, and the audience is ROLLING!!! We, I say we, but really, the actors, even got a standing ovation last night. High energy, lots of laughs, and you will NOT be disappointed. Cody, who plays George (Boy George), is FANTASTIC!!! And I quote the Elk City Daily News when I say "his performance alone is worth the price of admission." Mom, dad, and Tyler came down to see it on opening night and loved it. Mom says she would love to come again if she didn't have to drive from Tulsa... hehe.
Till next time....


No comments:
Post a Comment