Saturday, November 22, 2008

Finishing up the summer...

So as I am anxiously awaiting the OU/Texas Tech game in less that 27 minutes, I am fortunate in that my work laptop is not doing its infamous..restart every 10 minutes thingie, so I will take advantage of the time and fill you in on another summer trip.

Kris's parents (from Kris and John), own a lake house at Fort Gibson. Apparently this is an outing that the group of Michael's friends really look forward to and do it quite a bit (Scott and Valerie went as well). Sooo, I was not looking forward to this trip for several reasons: 1) I am fair skinned, the sun does not like me. 2) I am spoiled, I don't like to be hot for an extended period of time, unless I'm playing a sport, and even then...not so much. 3) I'm a fattie, and bathing suits do not like me (I am hitting the gym with new excitement, by the way). And 4) I've never been a fan of open water. I've never swam in a lake or ocean, and the thought terrifies me. NO, I am not scared of drowning. I am scared of what is under the water that I can't see, such as eels, monster fish, and dead bodies. BUT, Michael was really looking forward to going, so I decided to make the best of it. Even if I just took a book and chilled on the boat, I would make myself have fun darn it!!!

So, Michael and I drove up Friday after work, and it's up by Tulsa, so we got there around 9. Scott and Valerie were already there as well as Kris and John. The boys decided that they should take the boat out...at night...gee, wonder if Kelly's going to get into the water? The quick answer is no. Scott, Valerie, John, and Michael all jumped in, and I chilled out on deck.

The next day, we all get up, have an awesome breakfast via Kris (she is a fantastic cook!), and we take off to the lake. Once we get to the spot where we are going to put down the anchor, or set, or park, or whatever you call it, everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, including 5 year old Dean were in the water...except me. I must say, that when I say the youngster JUMP off the boat, I was like, oh that's it, I HAVE to get it. So...Michael waited on me, and I tiptoed down the ladder, and.....I made it!!!!




I stayed in the water for HOURS, and we came up for yummy sandwiches, grapes, and string cheese that Kris had packed for us, and then I was right back in. Even went on a Sea Doo ride with Scott (and yes, I wore a life jacket for that one).


Here's Michael taking a break from spinning Dean on the noodle for a pic. That kid is fearless.



Overall, we had a good time, and even though I apparently used the wrong sunblock, since I applied it 20 bajillion times, I got a nice burn on my shoulders, I look forward to going back next summer :)

The time is now 6:50...and the Sooner Pride is about to march down the field and start the game....jitters!!!!! BOOMER!!!!



1 comment:

Jesse said...

Glad you went into the water. I'm so proud of you! Love ya!