Saturday, March 24, 2007

My Daddy, Turning 30, My New Job, My New Car, and My Man...











Alrighty folks...so I realize that I haven't written much in the past month..so here goes. First things first...currently I am sitting in my parents living room in Broken Arrow. Ken and I were planning on coming up this weekend anyhow to take a mini-trip to Ft. Smith with my parents. However...on Thursday, my mom called me and told me that my dad was in the hospital. He had fasted the night before so that he could have all these super dee duper tests run the next morning when he gave blood...which he did. Then, he drank a Dr. Pepper on the way to the gym, and was on the bike for about 10 minutes when he went to the front desk to tell them he didn't feel well, and he passed out. Luckily, they caught him before he hit his head on anything. So after numerous tests, (in which we found out all of his bypasses are still open and there isn't any narrowing of the arteries), they decided to put in a pacemaker as a preventative measure. So he did that yesterday, and besides having an incurable case of the hiccups for two days, everything is great! So he is home now and still pretty out of it, but it's nice that he is back and didn't have to have his chest cracked open again!!!!! Thank you to everyone who said prayers for my papa and my family. I really appreciate it!










OK, now for a little backtracking...on March 16, I turned 30...ugh. Ken and I had already gone out on Monday for my birthday dinner, and that was a surprise because I thought he would be working...he just called me up at work and asked if I wanted to go



out that night for my birthday...it was nice. Anyhoo...I had been having depression bouts about turning 30...I'm just not where I thought I would be at this time..divorced....single...in an apartment...yadda yadda yadda. But Ken made the day memorable, and on Friday evening when I drove down to spend the weekend in Clinton, he had taken the kiddos to K-Mart where they loaded me up with penguin bathroom stuff that I did not have. And Ken bought me Penguin seat covers, a steering wheel cover, a trash container, CD holder for the visor, and a seat belt cushion...all with penguins mind you, for the car. I was super pumped. So now I'm officially over the hill, and I'm ok...And Thank you to Michael who brought me a one of a kind carved penguin from Uraguay...Jesse, you must send that boy oversees more often hehe...just kidding :)






New JOBBIE JOB!!!! So Ken and I have been moving along in our relationship, and we decided that if I could find a job (because we all know how happy I was at my current one), close to him, that I should get down that way. Now...currently, I see him about 4 or 5 nights if not more a week, depending on where he has to go for the week, but we are to the "moving in " stage..so anyhoo...I applied for a job off of Monster.com for an HR Manager. I have been trying to find an HR position for SEVEN YEARS since I got my Bachelors degree, and I'm still trying. It was through a placement agency, and the girl called me back and said that she sent me my resume and that they wanted to talk to me. Long story short, the job ended up being for Bar-S Foods. Ken worked for this company for about 7 years and left just last year. So being the fantastic little cheerleader that he is, he started calling everyone who knew who could influence this decision. I had the interview before they found out the connection, so that was good....3 interviews and 2 stressful weeks later....I GOT THE JOB!!!!! I gladly gave my two week notice at my job, gave my 30 day notice at my apartment (my lease was up at the end of this month), Ken and his ex talked to the kiddos about me moving in, and I am on my way!!!





Soooo.....my parents offered to pay to tint my windows for my birthday...and I got to thinking..I've never really been happy with the Liberty, and I don't want them to pay to tint windows on a car I wouldn't mind getting rid of farely quickly. So on the way back from dinner last Monday, I saw a Dodge Charger on the road and I said "I am seriously considering turning in my Liberty for a Charger". Ken was all about excited, so we drove to a dealership and long story short, I am now the proug owner of a Steel Blue Metallic 5.7 Liter Hemi Dodge Charger (insert Tim Allen grunts here)....needless to say...I LOVE IT!!!!!!! Pics to follow...


So last but definitely not least, the man. If you're still reading, Ken is still around. For Valentines Day, he was working out of town, so he had my chocolate goodiness present delivered to me at work. He is still everything I want and need, and his 2 kiddos seem to like me, so that is always good. He asked me to move into his house in Clinton, and the job in Elk City is 20 miles farther, literally a hop, skip, and a jump on the highway, so that is nice. We have moved one load, and came up to mom and dads to get some boxes and tubs to move some more this weekend (the whole pacemaker thing was just an added bonus...hehe), to move some more, and the big move will happen next weekend (crossing fingers everything goes ok).

Last tid bit to my story before I go to bed...Ken and I were stuck in Tulsa today waiting for dad to get out of the hospital and he decided to go look at Harleys. They are closed Sunday and Monday, but Tuesday we will know if he is the proud owner of the bike to the right. It is a Dyna Street Bob, and as you all know I have a special liking to the big bikes....updates to follow...and I PROMISE...it will not be another month before I blog...


So....those of you who read this...prayers for me loving my new job...Jesse and the birth of Josie Claire...and Michael being there...and Belva and her surgery. Love you all, talk to you soon.
Hugs!!!
Kelly




























1 comment:

Jesse said...

Yeah, so happy you wrote! Thanks for all your updates. (Love you Pa Potter---so glad you are well) Thanks for the Josie well wishes. Good luck in all your life changes, I WILL MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!