
Dear Blogging Diary,
I'm sorry I haven't written in a couple of weeks, but a lot has been going on. Here's the scoop. So...I previously mentioned that I'm being proactive in "getting out there" in the dating pool in this my 30th year on this earth. As my daily routine consists of going to work, and coming home (with the occasional gym visit..hehe), I don't "get out" at ALL. And the couple of people I have tried going out with I have to babysit. Sooo, Buffi introduced me to a website for singles...and I signed up, it was FREE, after all. Anyhoo...met a guy. His name is Ken. We have been talking and actually seeing each other (yes, the dreaded meeting day), for a little over 2 weeks. So far, so good. As pretty much everyone who reads this is married, you can live vicariously through my dating ups and downs. This one is definitely an "up". So, like I said, his name is Ken, and he is a super great guy. He is a consultant for a chemical company, which means he drives a lot to visit customers, but more importantly (yes, I'm selfish), it means that he gets to spend a little bit more time with me. He lives about 90 miles away, which seems like a long drive, but it's straight down I-40, and really not that far at all (trust me, I've driven it a bit in the past weeks). He is a good ol country boy in that he opens doors, is really sweet, and lets me pay when I put my foot down :) So, seeing as how I've had a few first and a couple of second dates lately, he is "a breath of fresh air." I put that in quotes because that is what he said about me. So anyhoo...it's nice to have someone to talk to throughout and at the end of the day, send and receive random text messages throughout the day, and you know what???? I may actually have a date for Valentine's Day!!!!! Which for me, would be just perfect renting a movie, cooking dinner, and staying in (you all know how much I hate crowds). Anyhoo...rambling. I'm sure I'll tell more later, but for right now, let's say it's really, really nice having him around. He thinks a lot like me (weird, I know), in that he sees the best in people until they give him a reason not to, he's trusting and trustworthy, and he's not a big partier where he has to go out every night to have a good time. (I think this past weekend we watched about 10 movies...it was AWESOME!!)
OK, onto other things, I also went to my doctor this week as I got a new primary care physician, and I wanted to talk to him about getting my acid reflux fixed surgically this year. We decided, or rather, I was told, that I was not a candidate for that. It is a complete, chest-cracking surgery that I really don't want to do. When I mentioned the surgery I received a video on, which was much less invasive, he told me to wait until it has been around for over 10 years before I even consider it. Which makes sense, so.....Prilosec commercials...I'm on Day 3,920...approximately. And he says that I can probably take it the rest of my life without complications...sooo....there you go. If anyone can get a deal on Prilosec by the case, lemme know!
Tonight was the Superbowl and even though I really didn't care who one or lost (sorry, Belva), I did get to spend the night with Jesse and the boys, which was super fun, even though we were both sooo tired. We had yummy Chinese food (as we are known to do when Michael isn't around), and watched the game on the new big tv :)
Anyhoo....my man (yes, I get to call him that...we had "the talk" hehe), should be calling any second, so I'm going to sign off. I'll try to keep more frequent entries :) Till next time!!!
Hugs!!


1 comment:
You said you were going home to go to bed! Thanks for spending SuperBowl Sunday with me, the sickly prego one. Have a great week. :)
Post a Comment