Anyhoo...where I left off, we beat Texas Tech in football which led us (much to the University of Texasssss dismay) into the Big XII Championship versus Mizzou. We creamed Mizzou. So...more waiting, and then again...much to Texasssss dismay...we were headed for the National Championship. I must interject one thing. Michael and his daddy are Alabama fans, and Alabama had been number 1 for most of the season. HOW FUN would it be to play Alabama in the Championship????? Too much, just thinking about it again makes me all twittery inside. But...alas...Alabama lost to Florida in the SEC Championship, so we end up playing Florida...and getting creamed...again.
So now you are caught up on football. So...back date a little bit to the Fourth of July. The Iowa Cubbies were playing the Oklahoma Redhawks on the 4th, and Christina was able to get me the suite tickets from Express. This is the best sweet in the park, seeing as how they are owners of the team and all...right above home plate. I have 8 tickets, so Michael, me, mom, dad, Stacy, Brian, Tyler, and a friend all went and had a good time. Michael and I enjoying our healthy dinner of Nachos!!
So now you are caught up on football. So...back date a little bit to the Fourth of July. The Iowa Cubbies were playing the Oklahoma Redhawks on the 4th, and Christina was able to get me the suite tickets from Express. This is the best sweet in the park, seeing as how they are owners of the team and all...right above home plate. I have 8 tickets, so Michael, me, mom, dad, Stacy, Brian, Tyler, and a friend all went and had a good time. Michael and I enjoying our healthy dinner of Nachos!!

Rowdy came right into our suite and 2 seconds after this pic was taken, this baby totally started crying hysterically...it was kind of funny....kind of...
Tyler and his friend got their pics taken with him, even though they are ALMOST too old for it (according to them)...and dad couldn't miss out on the fun either....
Overall we had a good time, and the fireworks at the end just proved to be way too much excitement for poor Michael :(
Now for my final "F" of the blog...I GOT NEW CARPET!!! As I have said in previous blogs, the elderly people who owned this house were OBSESSED with green. Green paint, green cabinets, green CARPET. Ugh, and it had coffee stains and who knows what else on it. So my goal for my bonus money this year was to buy carpet for the house. Michael's brother offered to put it in for me, and I let him! He was way cheaper than Home Depot. His price was pizza and beer...I can totally h andle that!!And of course, nothing I do can ever be simple, so of course, once we pulled up the carpet the living room had a lot of black mold under the padding....so we had to scrape it up, and bleach the floor before adding the padding...
Before you scroll any further, I really hope you're ready for the pics of the new fabulous carpet...are you ready....ahhhhh...pretttyyyyy.....:)





2 comments:
Kelly, just to let you know, you have at least one more reader. Karri
Thanks Karri!!! Jesse made me start doing this...now you need a page!
Post a Comment