Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Here I am!!!



So hello everyone!!! My name is Kelly, and my friend Jesse and her sister-in-law Belva have told me that I need a blog. So here I am!!! I'm going to be here to humor you, give you my deepest insights on life, and most of all, just keep those of you who are far far away (you know who you are), updates on my oh so thrilling life :)

A little recap...I turn 30 in exactly 2 months, and 6 days. I must say, this is NOT where I thought I would be at 30, but I'm trying to make the best of it, although, again...I must say...I have had a couple of depression bouts with it as well. So..again...I'm 29 (not quite there yet), single (working on it this year darn it!!!), and living in a quasi-ghetto apartment in Moore, Oklahoma. Trust me, I'm not trying to sound depressing, it just sounds fun to say I live in the quasi-ghetto. Anyhoo, I am a practice manager at a dental office in Norman. And let me tell you, coming from someone who's never even had a cavity...I've learned a LOT in the past year (my one year anniversary is next month). So...saying that, some of these blogs might be my rants from work...take them for what they are, sometimes I just need to vent.

I've learned in the past couple of years that one has to be positive, and I've made a conscious effort to be a more positive, uplifting, and non-stressful person. With the help of my Dale Carnegie course (which I recommend everyone take), and some other things that I have tried, I would like to think I am succeeding on these endeavors.

Well, since I'm not quite sure what to write without completely sounding boring...I'll sign off for tonight. The bad weather is coming in and the threat of another dooming ice storm looms for the weekend. Isn't it great how I'll be locked up in my apartment ALL weekend until the ice finally thaws on Monday morning for me to go to work again? Oh well...make the best of it!!! Lots to do around the house. I went grocery shopping (thanks mom), and got some movies at Blockbuster today, and returned my online movies (again, something EVERYONE should do..Blockbuster Online), so once the ice finally hits on Friday I'll have 3 more waiting in my mailbox and won't have to drive anywhere. I plan on catching up on my "Read the Bible Through in a Year", (as we speak, I'm still on January 1...eek!), and to finish my book, Wicked, which I started like 2 months ago, and to complete chapter 15 of my Medical Transcription. So see, I couldn't go anywhere if I wanted to...I'm going to be soooo super busy! I'll report back on Monday to see how much of this actually gets done! Oh! And I need to continue my workouts. I've had exactly 2...count them TWO!!! for this year, and my goal to slim down will NOT be pushed aside. I was sick for the first few days of the year, so I'm using that as an excuse. ANYHOO...so much for not knowing what to write and sounding boring, right? OK, so seriously...signing off...until next time!! HUGS!! :p

2 comments:

Jesse said...

Yeah!! I am so excited. I am glad that you are blogging. I will LOVE to read all that you say!

Belva Jean said...

Hellooo, Kelly!! Yeah!! I'm excited to be able to know what's going on in your life. Looking forward to your coming entries!